Cresent MS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reborn's GM Application :D

3 posters

Go down

Reborn's GM Application :D Empty Reborn's GM Application :D

Post by reborn Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Name: Steven Cho

Time Zone: -5:00 GMT

Email: phongacc@hotmail.com

When and how long are you on:
I'm usually on at 2-3 pm my time until about 7-8 pm. I can stay online at a minimum of 2 hours a day but I usually stay on longer.

If you saw a hacker in the game, what would you do step by step:
Before meeting the hacker I would have to find some, I have eight simple rules about hackers and how they can easily be found, here is my list :

Spoiler:

Immediately after, I would take an SS and to post it in the forums to justify my proof, and also to see his/her name if they are able to run away.

Following the SS, I would do !ipban [username] or in most server its known as !ban [username]

After the ban I would take a couple seconds to post it in the forums to make sure that his/her appeal should not happen because of the act of hacking in a private server.

Hacking should be frowned upon. This worsens the hackers case due to the fact that this is a private server, and the rates are massively increased from those of GMS.

If you got in an argument with a player, how would you solve it :
(Probably won't happen unless its a major problem)
I will try and help resolve our problems. However, first thing I would do in this case is bring everyone involved to a place where we can talk without anyone else listening into our conversation or in this case reading along and interfering with our problems, places that I can warp them would preferably be jail or the hideout. From there I will help see if there is anything I can do or we can do to resolve the differences, if not I would settle on the fact that we should all not be in the same channel. I will input my advice and hope that we together can work out a solution suitable for as both.

Have you ever had past experience as a GM or Admin? If so, which server and for how long :
I GMed(not even sure if that's considered a word but okay Very Happy) in FlavaFlaveMs for the better parts of July and up until a week ago ago. I was given the duty of a Level 5 GM often know as the Admin powers. Although this server shut down nearly a week ago, due to problems with the owner, we the players are still faithful to the server and still using the forums as a Q&A if you would like proof of my activity feel free to contact me at phongacc@hotmail.com or at the forums of FlavaFlaveMs(http://flavaflavems.darkbb.com/forum.htm) (This should not be considered as Advertising because this is no longer a server, thus not providing any competition to CresentMs.)

Are you trustworthy? Give us 3 reasons why :
I am very trustworthy.

As a semi-experienced GM, I know that summoning too many monsters will crash the server. If I cause too much lag, the server will crash. And so I will make it my duty that on the job to make sure that every summon event will be hosted with little monsters at a time. I'd also like to keep the server clean by checking upon Zakum, Pap spawners every couple of minutes just to make sure that no one is mass summoning there either.

I will not give anyone special advantages or disadvantages. I hate cheaters. It's just unfair to get stuff from GMs instead of earning them by working hard. I will help advertise, host events, banning hackers, getting people to vote, etc.

If given the responsibility of being the only GM on the server along with many players, I will try my best to keep things entertaining for them and at the same time keep the server clean from approchign threats like hackers, advertisers and much more.

Why Should We Choose You (list what you can do to help the server):
Even if I do not get picked for this position, I will continue to do my part as a normal player and vote. As well as the commitment to becoming a GM to help provide the players with an atmosphere that will provide them with a lasting impression and memory of a great server they have witness here.
I will try to recruit players from shut down servers and ask them if they would like to come and join this delightful community we have here.

I can also try to make some of my nooby banners and hope that the admin likes what he sees, and maybe even use it in the voting banners.

I will help advertise, host events, banning hackers, getting people to vote, and mainly I can provide a group of players that can help the community with permission from the Admin, etc.

About Yourself (hobbies etc.):
I am a hockey player, that's what we Canadians do Very Happy.
Very active
Talkative
- And much more just post a comment below and I'll reply within hours o.o Very Happy
Umm... Anything else you want to know about me just leave a comment or add me to MSN Very Happy

Can you follow instructions and the GM rules :
Of course I will. Rules are meant so that people do not do anything that would hurt themselves and hurt other people around them. A community in and outside of this virtual world is based upon rules and so I understand that rules are rules and should not be broken by anyone.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all in the game Very Happy
Steven Cho

reborn

Back to top Go down

Reborn's GM Application :D Empty Re: Reborn's GM Application :D

Post by BlueBoy Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:02 pm

GOOD GM APPLICATION!! (your talkative like me..-_-)
i hope you get accepted, but our server is having hosting problems so...your gonna have to wait. ㅠㅠ.
good luck! :DD

---Toast---
BlueBoy
BlueBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by reborn Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 pm

LOL guess we will be talking alot once danny solves his problems
Thanks for the support it's apreciated Smile

I'm trying to help danny as much as I can to get the server running but I can't get someone to help with vps so far -.-

reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBoy Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:47 pm

see i dont even know what a vps is so... i cant really help. lol.
BlueBoy
BlueBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by reborn Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:23 am

Oh LOL

It's a VIrtual private server used to host a server -maple - without the usage of the owner's computer being turned on Smile
In other words it's used so that a server van stay ip 25/7 Smile

reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBoy Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:48 am

WELL I DONT KNOW TECHY STUFF
BlueBoy
BlueBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Owner|Danny Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:54 am

WAIT Like WHUT? my comp has to be on....if so then i needa find a host instead -.-
Owner|Danny
Owner|Danny
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reborn Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:04 pm

No if u have vps ur computer doesn't need to do anything ur vps provider will host. But shitting down or restarting the server is up to the person with the database (you and ur sister and I'm not sure who else u gave it to)

reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down